Rep. Anthony Gonzalez wanted to highlight Constituent Services first and foremost. The site needed to be modern and mobile-friendly, but the office did not wish to make advanced technologies to get in the way of people using the site.
- Make the site easy to use and navigate for constituents to get them the help they need. The website can have bold visuals of the district, but the site’s elements should not distract from the primary purpose of serving constituents.
- Highlight the district and member’s work at home.
- The site should stay on brand and unite with color schemes and themes that Rep. Gonzalez uses in other media.
- Client reviewed other websites for sources of inspiration. Those comments were taken into account when designing elements for the homepage.
- Chose to add a featured constituent section to showcase individuals doing good work in the district.
- Drone footage is slower not to overwhelm the viewer and distract from the site’s information while still providing a nice visual.
- The site comes equipped with a Constituent Services section at the bottom every page that travels on the entire website. Also, the navigation menu at the top is sticky so that visitors can easily navigate to any highlighted page.
- DC is de-emphasized to stress the importance of OH16 and its constituents to the member.
- We designed a unique issue landing page with much client input. The landing page has excellent visuals that pertain to each issue but also allow the visitor to view all issue statements on one long-scrolling page. Because it’s one page, constituents do not have to navigate to individual pages.