If you want to take a screen-shot of a video or image on your screen follow the below steps.
TO TAKE A SCREEN SHOT
- Select/find the video, web site or image that you want to clip.
- If it is a video, click “pause” or “Ctrl P” to stop the video where you want the image.
- Press the “Ctrl” and “PrtSc” or “PrtPn” (at the same time). This will copy what the screen is currently displaying.
EDIT/CROP THE IMAGE
- Under the Windows Start Menu: go to All Programs, then Accessories, and click Paint (or use your favorite graphics software).
- Under the Paint Program: Click on Edit, then Paste. Your screen shot should have pasted into the Paint body.
- Under Paint: on the left side under the toolbox will see a dotted box. Click on the dotted box and box in the Image of the Video.
- Once you have the Image boxed in, right-click and Select Copy.
- Then go to file, New and open a New screen.
- Using the mouse, drag the box to fit the white box currently in Paint. Make sure the dotted line box matches the white box (background).
- Click on Edit, then Paste.
- The Picture should have completely covered the white box which was in the background.
SAVE THE IMAGE
- Go to File, Save As and type in the File Name. Make sure the file saves as a JPEG.
- You can save the file on your desktop or under My Documents.
Once you get the hang of it, it is a quick and easy process. This is a great technique to use to put a screen-shot of a video into an email that clicks back to your web site.